ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More Surface Design

Just put the binding on the last of the two Shiva Paintstik samples. I like to make my own freezer paper stencils to use with the paintstiks. This time it finally occurred to me that I could make hosta leaf stencils!!! And given that I love the series of fabrics I dyed for future work on a dying hosta piece, I decided to use some of these fabrics here. Yummy, I love the colours. The iridescent golds, copper and green paintstiks gave me the look I was after, and I tried combining copper and gold foil on the same leaf. I also tried adding some green foil, but that was way too overpowering and didn't work at all. Samples finished, blog post finished, and now I'm back to quilting my dye-painted crotons for Saturday's Dye Happy class.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine