ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Show for Every Quilt

Remember those quilts I showed in my March 17 post called Understanding Jurors Decisions? Two had been accepted and two (including Losses 2 pictured above) had been rejected from the Canadian Quilters Association National Juried Show. I just received word this week that Losses 2 was juried into THE ArT-QuILT ExPERIENCE at Stone Hill Quarry Art Park, Cazenovia, NY. The lead juror for this show was Jonathan Holstein, a well-known quilt collector for more than 40 years, and well known for hanging those Amish quilts on the wall of the Whitney Museum in New York in 1971 and pronouncing them art! Many historians trace the modern art quilt movement to this event. Mr. Holstein will be present to deliver a talk at the opening on June 12, 2011. Just goes to prove that there is a show for every quilt.

3 comments:

  1. COngrats Elaine! it's beautiful. And encouraging to know that one show's rejection isn't the final answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losses II is spectacular, congratulations for having it accepted in the NY show, and by Jonathan Holstein, no less! A real coup!

    I have been in hospital or rehab (knee replacement surgery) for a month and am doing catch-up on reading blogs. My big kitty Bigboy missed me terribly even though he had visitors come twice a day to see him. He's getting catch-up petting and combing.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine