ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Breathing Easier

I haven't blogged in a while as I have been busy prepping and packing for my two weeks of teaching at the Haliburton School of the Arts. After a four hour drive from Ottawa today, I have arrived in Haliburton. This is what my car looks like when I am heading out on a two-week teaching trip!
I could not have fit another thing in my car!! I had to get a little ruthless too about what I could take. When there is dyeing taking place there are a lot more supplies, and when cottaging is involved there are sheets and towels, and pillows and groceries!

I have almost 24 hours to relax now before everything starts. Tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon I get to move all my stuff into the college. But in the mean time, I get to enjoy this:
This week I'm sharing a cottage with my sister, and next week I will be staying in the teachers' cottages. Not sure who my roommate/s are yet, but they will be other instructors teaching at the College.

I could feel myself breathing easier about 20 km before Haliburton when I came to my favorite view, where I can see the lake through the trees. Not sure what lake it is but that image is etched in my mind from previous trips.

I will try to blog this week, but it may not happen until the weekend when I am in between classes and have more time.

I hope you are enjoying your summer and taking time to breathe!

2 comments:

  1. OMG, who needs airbags when you have a car filled with fabric=)
    Have a great time teaching, it sounds like alot of fun and very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much preparation, you must have to be SO organized so you don't forget anything. Summer looks better up in Ontario than it is down here in NC, at least you can go outside without feeling like you're in an oven. Your class will be great, hope I can take one someday.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine