ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Friday, August 24, 2012

Join me in Italy ... or Ottawa

Peony, Special Commission, 2008 by Elaine Quehl

Join me in Italy in 2013 at the Abruzzo School of Creative Art.  My class, "Fabulous Flowers and Foliage" runs June 26 to July 2.  Save 30% if you register by the end of August 2012.  Click on the name of my class above to register.  Did you know that if you organize a group registration of six people you can earn a free class

Queue, 2009 by Elaine Quehl
 
As of a few days ago there is still one space left in my Uncommon & Unforgettable Threads class at Dragonfly Fabrics here in Ottawa.  The class runs once a month from September 2012 through to January 2013 (five Saturdays).  This class is similar to the Threads class I gave in a one-week format at the Haliburton School of the Arts last summer.  Here's the class description:
 
"Uncommon” = above the ordinary, exceptional, remarkable.
"Unforgettable" = memorable and not to be forgotten.
Discover many wonderful ways you can use both commercial and hand-dyed threads in your quilts. Lighter weight threads can be used through the needle, heavier ones for bobbin work, couching, and even some textured hand-stitching. Dye some luscious threads to increase your options and add to your stash. Then try some thread sketching, a little thread painting, some machine quilting, and a little couching and bobbin work. Learn when to use a stabilizer and/or a hoop, how to master any type of thread, what needles to use, and how to get your sewing machine to cooperate. Gain new skills that will make your quilts uncommon and unforgettable. Most processes will require a reliable sewing machine with the ability to drop or cover the feed dogs.
 
Please visit my other posts on "Threads" to learn more about the class and see student work.
Thread Sketch of Medieval Italian door, Elaine Quehl 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine