ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Vidcast Made in Houston

Last November I had the opportunity to be filmed in one of Bonnie McCaffery's Vidcasts. You may recall me mentioning it in one of my blog posts about the International Quilt Festival in Houston. The video was just published today, and you can access it here.

I am finally back home for a few weeks after my class at the Haliburton School of the Arts last week, and stopping off in Southern Ontario to visit my father for his 89th birthday. It feels so good to be home with my family, including my girls, Ms. Peek-a-Boo ("Peekie"), at left, and Ms. Kissabelle ("Kissy") at right. We're going to do some serious bonding in the next couple of weeks :-)

















10 comments:

  1. Welcome home, Elaine. Love your cats. I watched your video - wonderful way to start my day. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words about the video Judy. I love my cats too :-))
      Elaine

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm going to assume you are referring to the cats Carolynn!

      Delete
  3. I watched the 'cast yesterday while stitching 4-patches for Quilting for Calgary (flood quilts). Well done as always (Bonnie does good work, eh?) And I really enjoyed hearing about your process.

    Back East last weekend, saw the hosta in my cousin's yard and now understand how they inspire you. For one thing, Eastern hosta are significantly larger than those "hardy to Zone 3"! I have serious 'gardening envy'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Margaret. Yes, we sometimes have hostas here that look like they are on steroids! Luv em!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video with Bonnie. We all admire your hosta quilts and it is fascinating to see your process. You make it look positively easy, but we know better.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine