ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dye Happy, Part 2

Friday I taught Session 2 of Dye Happy at Wabi Sabi.  Great to see some of the results from the first class.

Judy has already sewn some of her hand-dyed fabrics into a bag!


Mary's 9 step value gradation of purple.

Bev's bright colourwheel and parfait fabrics on left. Molly's two-colour run on the right.

Molly's very exciting parfait-dyed fabrics.

Ruth's entire collection of hand-dyes from my classes.

Valerie's very rich series.

Neera's wonderful results on a variety of silks.

We have a proper dye studio with a sink and washing machine and a few stainless steel tables!

Bev measuring out her two colour run.

Everyone tried dyeing a few folded fabrics. Photos of results to come as soon as I get them :-)

Hope you enjoyed the colour!

1 comment:

  1. Love the colours and textures with LWI. I'm wondering where you purchase your fabric for dyeing, I enjoy dyeing but purchasing the fabric and dyes from the US is really starting to make it difficult.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine