ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Dye Happy, Session 5

On Friday I taught Session 5 (my last session) of "Dye Happy" at Wabi Sabi. Students brought lots of inspiring show and tell from the previous class. Lots of lovely soy wax batik fabrics, and some shibori, parfait and low water immersion. I always enjoy my multi-day classes most because they give a chance to get into depth on a topic with a group of students I get to know.

By the way, if you live on the west coast, or can get to British Columbia in August, I will be teaching this class August 18-22 at Cherry Tree Quilts in Summerland. In addition, my "Hosta Leaves 101" class will run there on Saturday, August 16.











Our topic on Friday was "Painting with Thickened Dyes". You can see Ruth here starting her painting.

Mary traces our her design before painting.

I am now busy packing for Quilt Canada! I will be heading out to St. Catharines on Monday. My car is going to be packed to the limit! I will be sure to share details when I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine