ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Encore" Wins First Place

I am finally back home after five days at Quilt Canada in St. Catharines, Ontario, and a couple of days touring around the Niagara region after the conference. Much to my surprise, my piece "Encore", won a First Place in the "Abstract-Pictorial" category at the National Juried Show.


You can see I am a blur as I cross the stage. It sure felt like a long walk, but obviously I was moving pretty fast. Thanks to Jennifer Brennan of Northcott Fabrics for the photos below.

Guess who I found in attendance? To my right is Patti Carey, the VP of Northcott Fabrics (she showed up in two of my classes as well!). It was great to meet her and put a personality and face to the person I deal with on the distribution and pattern end of my Northcott fabrics. 

Jennifer shot this photo of Patti and I, and a few of the teachers.  Left to Right, Patti Carey, Lenore Crawford, Daphne Greig, me, and Jan Krentz.

I will be posting over the next few days with more details about Quilt Canada, and my adventures on the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine