ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Finished!

You may remember these samples I made of my two hosta patterns. Well this past week I finally had time to quilt, bind and label both of them. They are finished  just in time to take with me to my class at Cherry Tree Quilts in the Okanagan Valley, British Columbia. I'll be teaching this class plus my five-day "Dye Happy" class. "Hosta Leaves 101" also runs for the first time in the Ottawa Valley this fall at Textile Traditions of Almonte on Saturday, October 4.

Hosta Duo


Hosta Trio


I've been using fabrics from my huge stash of commercial fabrics as backings for my work. I was surprised to find a landscape type fabric of trees designed by Nancy Crow. I didn't realize Nancy Crow had been a fabric designer, and this design looks nothing like her work or the fabrics I have known her to work with. It made a glorious backing for Hosta Trio.

Then I kept going, and I finished quilting, binding and labeling "Sunkissed Poppy" as well. When I get the shopping cart up on my website these will be available for sale there. Please be patient. I had another website issue to deal with this past week when my date stamp wouldn't update.


I've also spent a good deal of time in the past week running fabric dyeing experiments just for me. I'm almost finished this round and will be posting about that in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine