ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Monday, March 2, 2015

Last Week's Workshops

Friday I taught Session 3 of my Dye Happy class at Wabi Sabi. The topic of the day was Shibori, so students learned how to wrap a pole and prepare an immersion dye bath. In addition, we continued with some bomaki shibori. Students brought Show and Tell from the previous class, or sent photos after the class.

These are Sylvia's stunning navy and white shibori pieces.

Marion's two colour run (using the opposites of green and violet).

Marion's tray dyeing.

Sue's folded and clamped piece (looks like eggs doesn't it?).

Oh wow, Sue's tray dyed piece!

Sue's parfaits and value gradations.

Nancy's bound bean piece.

Nancy's folded and clamped work. I adore blue and white!

Nancy's flour paste resists.

Chris' value gradation.

Barb's parfaits:


I put together a colour chart of the dyes I most frequently use. All the brightly coloured swatches on this chart make me very happy :-)

Barb focusing on painting a bomaki shibori piece.

Saturday I taught right in my own community, for the Common Thread Quilt Guild. A bright and beautiful day in a nice spacious community centre.

The topic was Liberated Radial Piecing. That seems to be popular lately.

This piece by Johanna.

This one by Laura.

Sometimes I get so engrossed in the teaching experience that I forget to take many photos!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine