ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Along the Coast

After teaching in Edmonton, Alberta and Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, I headed to the western coast of Vancouver Island for a few days of vacation. On my first evening I was fortunate to spot a young bear along the road driving through Pacific Rim National Park Reserve. Many cars stopped to capture photographs before the bear nonchalantly lumbered back into the forest.


This area is northwest coast rainforest, so they get a fair bit of rain. I was fortunate to have a sunny few hours to walk the wild beach. There were maybe a dozen wind surfers out.



I enjoyed browsing the treasures washed up by the ocean. The kelp formed interesting patterns.


No surprise that it rained the next day. I headed to Tofino for a bit of shopping and some wonderful restaurants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine