ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Friday, June 5, 2015

Teacher of the Year

I can finally let the cat out of the bag! About two months ago I received a phone call from Linda Schmidt, the VP of the Canadian Quilters' Association, telling me that I had been one of the teachers nominated for the 2015 Teacher of the Year Award. In fact my nomination had been chosen to win the award. Unfortunately because of my week of teaching in London, Ontario this past week, I was unable to be at the CQA Conference in Lethbridge, Alberta, on Thursday night to receive my award in person and give my acceptance speech. In my absence, Anna Hergert, my good friend and last year's Teacher of the Year, delivered my speech for me.  A big thanks to Anna!  You can read about the event on Anna's blog:

A big thank you to Pat MacDonald, Linda Doyle, and Sylvia Young for their part in the nomination. Another big thank you to students who wrote letters of support. I am honoured and humbled and hope that I am not only worthy of this award, but that I can also live up to the expectations it creates :-)

Blog post about my inspiring students in London coming very shortly!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations Elaine from me AND B!!! VERY well deserved. Way to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations from someone who has taken two classes with you, well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so well deserved. Congratulations! Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job, Elaine. I took 3 classes from you at Dragonfly in Ottawa. Was going to try the dying next, but have moved to Kingston now. Maybe I'll catch you here. Well done and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan :-) Keep your eyes on my Schedule for upcoming dyeing classes. Hopefully there will be one you can catch soon. Best wishes on your new life in Kingston.

      Delete
  5. This is fantastic and not at all surprising. Well deserved. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine