ELAINE QUEHL, Quilt Artist, Teacher, Dyer, Designer

Monday, October 31, 2016

Contemplative Photography: An Asian Aesthetic

My friend and I arrived back home from our photography class on Friday night. I'm catching up on posts about the class. In case you might have the impression that I am switching from quilt artistry to photo artistry, I assure you I am not. But one feeds the other. This class, for me, was about a new and way of seeing that is less conditioned by thinking, and more influenced by "perceptions" while in the moment. In this assignment we were to seek imagery with an Asian aesthetic, demonstrating purity, simplicity and space. Hopefully they will offer you a little peace within your Monday. More to come.












2 comments:

  1. My favourite is the second one. There's something about the shimmer of the water, over the leaf, that appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete

Your posts are important to me. Due to a huge amount of SPAM on my blog recently, I have decided to moderate comments, at least for the time being. Please be patient, your post will be approved as soon as I can get to it.
Elaine