This past week I think I suffered from the flu so I spent a lot of time sleeping. I didn't accomplish much and didn't get my blog post up from the previous Saturday's class. I am happy to tell you I'm on the mend and am proud to share some completed design exercises from my Art Quilt class. This exercise was all about using value
In this class I shared free-form piecing methods with the class, and everyone spent time creating a composition using free-form curves.
Love our bright and spacious classroom and our intimate group of 8 students.
At home I am working on preparing for the spring and summer rush of teaching. Just prior to coming down with the flu I had mixed up all my yellow and orange dyes to dye those colours for my peony and poppy kits. I managed to get the dyeing done somehow and everything is now soaking in a cold soak in the washer.
Yellow and pink dye now mixed up for some multi-colours.
I'm pleased that we are making continued progress at preparing for the year's teaching in the hope that things will be smooth sailing at that time :-) All the floral patterns are copied and waiting for folding and packing.
I'm also well into my second level PhotoShop course. Here's a couple of things I've done so far. Managed to cut this flower away from its background. Now I'm really free to compose by adding other things and putting this on any background I want. Talk about freedom in design!
This was just a bit of fun adding shape and text to a photo. And if you're sick of winter maybe this will make you feel so much better.